Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Rebel King (EP)

Check out the exclusive release of the cover art and single from the Rebel King (EP), out January 29th via NoiseTrade
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Duquette Johnston
Hey y'all--

Next week, NoiseTrade is running the exclusive release of my new Rebel King (EP), which features 2 songs re-recorded from Rugged & Fancy, as well as a new song from my album Rabbit Runs A Destiny, which is coming mid-2013. 

I wanted y'all to have the cover art and a link to stream what we're calling the single from this EP-- "Angels Whispering" before anyone else. My friend Matt Lane Harris did all the artwork-- I hope you like it.


I wrote this song back in 2010, on a 3-day recording stint that resulted in the album Rugged & Fancy. I was participating in the RPM Challenge, where you write 10 songs or 35 minutes of original music in the month of February. I thought it was a fun thing to try out, and I'm still so stoked I did it, because that material is really special to me.

When I went into the studio to record Rabbit Runs A Destiny with my buddy Armand Margjeka, we put together this awesome band and I kept thinking about how cool it'd be to redo some of the work from Rugged & Fancy. "Silver and Gold" and "Angels Whispering" immediately came to mind, and I'm so happy I can share with you these new versions where you hear a lot of the instrumentation fleshed out-- it's kind of like rediscovering it all over again.

And now, here's the cover art:




Next week I drop my EP on NoiseTrade, and I'll be sure to let you know about that when the time comes. Until then, would love to hear your thoughts on "Angels Whispering" and the cover art.


Lastly, I want to thank you for sticking with me over the last few years. I can't tell you how excited I am to get these new songs out into the world, and also to reconnect with y'all again. I hope you enjoy the new stuff, and if you want, connect with me on FacebookTwitter or Instagram, where I post pretty regularly and love to hear what y'all have to say.

Until then,

Duq

No comments:

Post a Comment