Monday, July 23, 2012

Lucky Dog Records: CD to Benefit Breast Cancer Research

Lucky Dog Records will release a compilation CD to benefit The Breast Cancer Research Center at The University Of Alabama at Birmingham. 




The CD features songs by The Shelby Lynne, The Oak Ridge Boys, Paul Thorn, The Mighty Jeremiahs, Christine Ohlman, Jay Gonzalez, Spooner Oldham, Donnie Fritts, Mark Narmore, The Decoys, Bekka Bramlett, Will Kimbrough, Tommy Miles and Delaney Bramlett, Max Russell, Tommy York, and Scott Ward Band.

 "My mother found out she had breast cancer in March" says Ward, "She had to have a mastectomy and now her doctors say she is cancer free. I have always wanted to be a producer and while I was sitting around in the waiting room during my mother's surgery, at Regional Medical Center in Anniston, I came up with the idea. I wanted to do something to honor my mother while she was still around, to try and give something back for all the opportunities I have had in music. Also, I have lost 2 classmates to breast cancer- Becky Maddox Tucker, and Brenda Bostian. I have been fortunate to work with and become friends with a lot of legendary musicians in Muscle Shoals and Nashville, and started calling and e-mailing all my friends and acquaintances.

"My friend Jay Gonzalez of Drive By Truckers was the first to give me a song- he had just released a solo CD called "Mess Of Happiness," which is excellent. I then asked Spooner Oldham, Donnie Fritts, Will Kimbrough, and Christine Ohlman, formerly the vocalist with the Saturday Night Live Band. Christine is already helping me promote the project in New York City.


"All of the artists gave me their songs to use for free- many of them have close family members who have have been affected by Breast Cancer."

You can check it out and purchase it at:   http://scottwardband.bandcamp.com/album/a-heaping-helping-songs-for-the-breast-cancer-research-foundation-of-alabama  

Ward hopes to have the offering on iTunes, Amazon.com and some CDs very soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment